Explore Your World (June 2 – August 20)
With the new Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts & Parks Kids Summer Passport, you will EXPLORE YOUR WORLD like never before. Discover new places this Summer 2017.
Complete details can be found on the ZAP website at http://slco.org/zap/kids-summer-passport/
There are so many great participating locations!
— BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND —
Miss out on the recent ZAP Passport tours at Eccles Theater or Capitol Theatre? Our tours were so popular, we’re adding more! Join us at the Eccles Theater on Thursday, July 13 for tours at 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. At on Wednesday, July 19 at the Capitol Theatre tours for tours at 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. Tours meet in the lobby and last just under an hour.
* * *
Each of these destinations can be visited free of charge. Some restrictions apply (noted below).
- Alta Community Enrichment will host the Wasatch Wildflower Festival Kids Walks and Kids Art on July 29. The Festival’s goal is to provide a fun and encouraging environment for people to learn about the wide diversity of wildflowers that are found in the Wasatch Mountains. On August 12, Alta Kids Day is filled with fun for children and adults alike with birding station, family nature walks, interactive watershed models and kids art activities.
- Capitol Theatre | Salt Lake County Center for the Arts will have backstage tours every hour on the hour on Tuesday, June 20 from 2 PM to 4 PM. Meet in the lobby by the ticket office. Present your passport for a stamp!
- Conservation Garden Park is open to the public free of charge. Come walk through a water pipe, learn to make compost or identify plants. Explore the Garden any day of the summer and get a stamp in your passport! Garden hours are from 8 AM to 8 PM, Monday through Saturday.
- Eccles Theater | Salt Lake County Center for the Arts will have backstage tours every hour on the hour on Tuesday, June 13 from 10 AM to 1 PM. Meet in the lobby by the ticket office. Present your passport for a stamp!
- Holladay Arts Council will have free admission to the Blue Moon Arts Festival along with a free children’s craft, music, food and art vendors. 4580 So. 2300 E. August 5 2 to 10:00 PM.
- Midvale Arts Council will have free summer concerts on Friday evenings with activities provided by the Boys & Girls Club, Copperview Community Center and the local library. June 9, 16, 23, 30; July 7, 14, 21, 28 and Aug. 4. Each concert starts at 6:30 p.m. Midvale City Park.
- Mundi Project will have free weekly music classes for beginners of all ages. Drop in for hands-on music instruction. Salt Lake Public Library-Glendale. Every Saturday beginning June 10 from 11 AM to 12 PM.
- Preservation Utah will provide children with a scavenger hunt of the art and architecture of Memory Grove Park. Passport stamp and scavenger hunt can be picked up at the Memorial House (375 North Canyon Road, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM).
- Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center | Salt Lake County Center for the Arts will have backstage tours every hour on the hour on Wednesday, June 14 from 10 AM to 1 PM. Meet in the lobby by the ticket office. Present your passport for a stamp!
- Utah Arts Festival (June 22 to 25) is free to children 12 and under. Present your passport at the Children’s Art Yard Headquarters Tent to get a stamp.
- Come to the 40th annual Utah Asian Festival (June 10), where you can discover 15 Asian countries. We’re celebrating Year of the Rooster with make-and-take crafts, games performances and more. South Towne Expo Center, 9575 State Street from 10 AM to 7 PM.
- Utah Pacific Island Heritage Month Kick Off, Sorenson Recreation Center, 855 West California Avenue. July 29, 5 PM to 10 PM.
- Explore Wasatch Community Gardens Tomato Garden and then learn what it’s like to grow your own food in the city. Go on a tour of the gardens, meet our chickens, taste some fresh garden produce and make a take a seed pot while supplies last. 800 S. 600 E. 4 PM on Wednesday June 28, July 26, or August 16.